Saturday, April 12, 2014

The fine arts, Hong Kong and then some...

Guys, This is lethargic stuff - my previous post was a year ago.. I had loads to share -- but you do know how the wheels of parental machinery churn.. I just cant wait to start writing on my own - but I understand it could take quite some time to get there. I can just now read not the usual cat, mat, rat stuff but whole sentences, so some basic addition and i GOT A WHOOPING REPORT CARD at school for my PP-II. You see it right up there.. literally and figuratively speaking..
Maya had come down in 2013--for her summer holidays and here we are .. wearing traditional Mallu stufff for Onam..
Drawing is a big hobby of mine. I goto drawing classes now - my mom or dad drop me there for an hour once every week. I am getting good at shading things and here's a sample painting that I have entered for a Kerala Govt competition. My version of a fruit bowl-- we branded it appropriately as Vishu Kani before shooting off the entry - positioning always helps..
I learnt Bharatanatyam for some months before the teacher had enough of it I guess and stopped coming. Went on stage for the dance school - shiva kalalaya's annual fete and here's a video of my stuff. Dance enthusiasts of course, will appreciate the subtler nuances in this rendition. But on second thoughts, the school is kind of protective about the BANI and I  think I will just share a photo of my pre performance along with my coartists. Interested parties can apply to this mail id and I can share a you tube link.

I am sure Sharanya's update will come in sooner than later and let me do a quick Snowden.. and share about my first trip abroad - We went to Hong Kong for a 4 day holiday - the greatest attraction was of course Disney
Here's another one at Aqua World - we saw an amazing Dolphion show and wide variety of sea lions, seals, penguins and what not...I will leave SHARANYA TO share the details in her subseequent post but I believe I have given a broad brush overview of 2013-14... Time does'nt fly.. it zooms..Ciao


No comments:

Post a Comment